Lisa has been using positive-reinforcement methods to train animals for over 10 years. When your dog is in her care, you’ll find comfort in knowing she will never use force or harsh corrections to train them. Instead, Lisa believes strongly in using reward-based methods to achieve desired outcomes – methods gaining increasingly and overwhelmingly widespread acceptance within the behavioral psychology community.
Importantly, Lisa works with your dog and you to help develop a stronger understanding, improve communication, and establish simple methods that you can continue to use to see progress and improvement as needed.
BENEFITS TO PRIVATE TRAINING
- Training can be held in the comfort of your home: a familiar environment that allows your dog to focus on the training without unnecessary distractions.
- One-on-one coaching with Lisa, tailored specifically to your goals.
- Flexibility in scheduling.
- Great for dogs that may not be ready for a group class setting (e.g., reactivity that may need to be addressed in private sessions before considering any group class setting).
- Guidance and assistance to help you grow your own training skills, allowing you to continue working with your dog at your own convenience.
- Answers to questions to help address any challenges you may have experienced while working with your dog.
- Customized lesson plan that allows you to focus on establishing the behaviors that you consider most important.