GET TO KNOW LISA
Lisa has always loved dogs and has spent her entire life working with them in some capacity. An outing with Lisa is an adventure. Lisa is always looking for ways to add enrichment and playtime. Whether that’s finding a body of water to let dogs splash through, playing a game of fetch, adding fun training time, or simply exploring off the beaten trail, your dog is always in experienced and capable hands when they’re with Lisa. You can be absolutely confident that you’re not dealing with just another dog walker.
Lisa is committed to staying at the forefront of dog psychology. She has dedicated her life and career to studying, caring for, and training dogs. She is continuously adapting and developing positive-reinforcement-based and scientifically-proven methods to achieve lasting and repeatable results while keeping the animal’s well-being in mind at all times. She frequently attends seminars and volunteers in various capacities to learn from and interact with leaders in the field. She is connected to a broad network of people across the dog care world. She is also Pet First Aid & CPR certified. Lisa has truly made dog care the driving purpose of her life. Her dedication to continuing education means her methods are widely accepted and can be trusted.
Experience & Continuing Education
Lisa has a broad background in animal care and education. She has benefited from classes, conferences, and seminars lead by leaders in the field.
- Pet first aid & CPR certified
- Volunteered at Marine Mammal Care Center in San Pedro
- Graduated from Animal Behavior College in 2011
- Nicole Wilde, CPDT-KA. Alternative Approaches to Healing Canine Health and Behavior (2013)
- Ken Ramirez. Professional Seminars for Zoological Trainers (2016, Shedd Aquarium, Chicago, IL)
- Ken Ramirez. Training for Improved Medical Care (2013 Webinar)
- Karen Pryor. Clicker Expo (2014, Long Beach, CA)
- Bob Bailey. Operant Conditioning Workshop (2012)
- Grisha Stewart, MA, CPDT-KA. BATting 1000: BAT for Dog Reactivity (May 2013, Yorba Linda, CA)
- Debbie Jacobs CPDT-KA, CAP2. Understanding How Fear Impacts Behavior & Best Practices For Dealing With It (2018 Webinar)
- Karen Pryor. Clicker Expo (2018, Irvine, CA)